12/30/2011

Goosen playing with broken toe

The Goose snuck into the FedEx Cup play-offs after finishing 101 out of the 125 qualifiers, and needs to make the cut at The Barclays innew Jerseythis week in order to keep his season alive.

That task might be harder now, after an unfortunate accident in the driveway of hisFloridahome.

Goosen decided to move his boat into the garage because of the approaching Hurricane Irene, but the front wheel of his trailer ran over his right foot and fractured his big toe in the process.

"It went blue instantly," said the two-time US Open champ. "I had X-rays and they said it was a fracture. But I don't think it is. It's not as sore as it should be. But all the other toes are getting sore now because I'm walking funny."

Like Goosen, fellow South African Ernie Els also just snuck into the Barclays field, finishing 118th out of 125 thanks to a top-30 finish in what was a do-or-die performance at last week's Wyndham Championship.( Taylormade Burner XD Irons)

It's in stark contrast to last year, when the Big Easy was ranked first in the FedEx Cup standings.

"Last year I was the No. 1 seed, but I wasn't quite playing as good as I was in March. This year, I feel like I have to make a move. And I feel a little more comfortable with that."

Tiger Woods was one of the big names who missed out on qualification for the four-event FedEx Cup series, while the likes of world No 1 Lee Westwood and US Open champ Rory McIlroy won't be participating as they are not full members of the PGA Tour. (Taylormade Burner XD Irons)

McIlroy, at least, plans to change that, confirming that he intends to become a full-time member next year.

The top seed this year is American Nick Watney, a two-time winner on the PGA Tour this year.

"I feel like I'm in the best position I can be, and I'm very pleased with the Taylormade Burner XD Irons so far," said Watney. "But we have a long way to go. I'm excited to see if I can hold up in these next four events."

The article is from http://golfinfoforu.blogspot.com/ Also, we recommend some goods Ping Golf Clubs to you. Thanks for reading my article!

I am a golfer! If you want to Choose discount golf clubs for sale such a TaylorMade Burner Superfast Driver TaylorMade 09 Burner Driver TaylorMade Burner Plus Driver Taylormade burner superfast 2.0 driver and TaylorMade R9 460 Driver you may also visit thehttp://okgolfsales.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment